5 LIFESTYLE CHANGES FOR FUTURE FITNESS
Revitalise Your Fitness Journey in March. Here are 5 quick and convenient changes to make this your healthiest year yet
New Year’s resolutions can be over-rated. There, we said it! January and February is a bustling time when we must get back into work and home routines that include long meetings, traffic, meal prepping and so much more. Working in time to focus on your fitness journey can be a slow start, but at least it’s a start – even if it’s two months later.
March is the perfect time to revitalise your fitness routine and make any necessary changes to keep your body strong and healthy for the rest of 2023. With more convenient home gym options available like the Trojan Pro Series Range from home gym equipment supplier, Trojan Health and Fitness, it’s never been easier to get started on your journey towards a healthier lifestyle and prioritise your well-being.
Stacey Holland, a wellness architect, yoga teacher, and gut-health coach, believes it’s never too late to grab discipline by the horns and switch up your lifestyle. “The perfect time to choose a fitter, healthier lifestyle is today. Right now! And your future will thank you for it. You can count on that,” says Holland.
Garreth Prout, Makro Sports and Health Equipment Buyer, suggests starting small to increase your chance for success. “If you frame your approach to living healthier as ‘changing your whole life’, it can be overwhelming. That’s why we believe in taking small steps, because giant leaps can sometimes trip us up in spite of our best intentions, causing disappointment and frustration! By starting small, you can maintain your motivation more easily, while reaping the ‘feel good’ benefits that it brings,” he says.
So, how can you put your best foot forward when it comes to setting yourself up for success? The team at Trojan Health and Fitness met with Garreth and Stacey to compile a list of five quick and convenient changes you can implement right now, to make this your healthiest year yet!
- Up your fibre and protein intake. By eating fibre-rich foods, like fresh vegetables, fruits, and whole grains, as well as eggs, chicken, and pulses, you can ensure that you feel full for longer– which reduces the temptation to snack or indulge in unhealthy junk food.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water has a positive impact on maintaining your health year-round. Not only does it keep your skin looking clear and hydrated, and maintain the balance of fluids and nutrients in your body, but it can also help with calorie control and muscle function to keep your performance and physique at its peak.
- Invest in good quality home gym equipment. We all know the struggles of attending a public gym, from having to continually adjust or clean your favourite equipment to waiting in lines (that only grow longer as the new year rolls in), and the lack of convenience that comes with having to travel there and back, often in peak-hour traffic and load-shedding! The recently launched Trojan Pro Series home gym equipment range, available at selected Makro stores and online with flexible payment options via Payflex, allows you to exercise in the safety of your own home. There are numerous benefits of investing in good quality home gym equipment – not only are you able to work out whenever you want, with everything at hand, and in the comfort of your own home, but you are more likely to keep to a routine because it’s convenient.
- Work your core. Exercises that target your core are some of the best methods to get your body in better shape. But it’s not just about doing crunches. In fact, your core consists of everything from your pelvis to your diaphragm, including your glutes. Try planks, squats, or deadlifts to work your core from different angles. And if you’re really serious about success, The Trojan Pro Series Range has a Trojan Smith Machine, which features every grip, bar, rope, and mechanism you could need to work your core – and every other part of your body. It is possible to stay fit without a gym membership!
- Cardio is key. Whether you love it or hate it, the reality is that cardio is an excellent way to burn fat and lose weight, and it improves your mental health by reducing anxiety, depression, and negative mood while improving self-esteem and cognitive function. Your cardio can be in the form of swimming or attending group fitness classes, going on a challenging and steep hike, or going to kickboxing. And if you prefer the convenience of doing cardio in the privacy of your own home, you can get things going with a Treadmill, Free Runner, or Stationary Bike.
“When it comes down to it, the success of any change in pursuit of a fitter and healthier body comes down to you, and how committed you are to seeing it through. By investing in yourself, by making changes now, and by keeping motivated to stick with it, you will ensure that you’ll look and feel ready for your best year yet,” says Prout.